Wednesday, April 14, 2010

dr. appt for the burn

***Read previous post for story about the burn***

One of the blisters had opened yesterday and Evan pulled the skin away with his teeth...so boy!

So this morning I was concerned about this big blister opening...I called the dr. hoping to just talk to a nurse and she would tell me I was doing everything right. Well, they said they wanted to see him. Evan was perfect for the Dr. He just sat there and let him look at his finger. I was so proud of him.

The Dr. wanted to open the big blister and cut the skin away so that we could "dress" the wound and keep infection away. Evan did great for the nurse, he watched her cut the skin away and only started crying at the very end. He didn't throw a fit, he was just a little scared. It was a proud mommy moment because he was so good.

The nurse put a vaseline bandage on him and wrapped it up...he took it right off. Again, so boy! So, she did it again and he was great. The bandage makes it look way worse than it is, but he looks like a tough boy. Again, I just have to say I am so proud of how he behaved at the Dr.'s office!






No comments: