Friday, June 7, 2013

sorry Sam

If you know me you know its no secret that I don't really care too much for Walmart. So of course we would move to NWA where Walmart's home office is located. Yeah, it's been quite an adjustment for me. When we lived in the KC metro I did most of our grocery shopping at Costco, Super Target, or Hyvee. In the 2 years that we lived in Lee's Summit I never went to Walmart. Never ever...seriously, never.

So, we move to Arkansas where there is no Costco, Super Target, or Hyvee. It's been an adjustment. We tried Sam's for a few months and I absolutely hated it. The customer service was terrible. And we never had a good experience with the food court. That seems like a silly thing to be upset about, but that is part of the wholesale club adventure for us. Finally, I decided I could keep complaining about how terrible Sam's Club was or we could just quit going. So, we cancelled our membership. It was a great decision.

Last Saturday we needed a few things from the store so we went to Target as a family. We pull in and Micah says, "Why are we at Target on a Saturday?" "Honey, Target on a Saturday is better than Walmart any day of the week." and right on cue 2 tour buses pull up in front of Target and about 100 international Walmart shareholders descend on Target.

God has a sense of humor.

Walmart Shareholders are in town this week. While I was out and about today I heard that this meeting brings an extra 18,000 people to NWA. I'm just glad this week is almost over and NWA will return to "normal"

As for me, I'm REALLY trying to have a better outlook and attitude when it comes to Walmart. It's such a silly thing to get so frustrated about.

and off to Aldi's I go to grocery shop :-)

1 comment:

Micah said...

you're really funny and smart and need to blog more often (I know you are planning on doing that). thanks for going on this NWA adventure with me, I think it will pay off :)