Monday, June 10, 2013

quick tip for a clean car

I've been teased by many people for being a bit "obsessive" about keeping my vehicle clean. In fact my neighbor used to tease that she could eat off the floor of my van. :)

Here are the 3 things I do to keep it clean

1. Keep trash out
  • I keep a plastic grocery bag in the car at all times to stash the trash. Empty it when it's full and every time you fill up the car with gas.
  • Take the extra 15 seconds to remove all fast food litter when you get home.
2. Keep "stuff" from accumulating in the car that doesn't belong
  • I keep a small reusable bag in the car to toss in those toys, socks, hats, etc. 
  • Take the bag inside when you get home so your car doesn't become a closet
3. Clean up a mess the day it happens.
  • Invest in a small hand held vacuum. Clean up the cheerios mess when you get home. It will take just a minute but save you from cleaning up crumbs ground into your carpet in a few weeks.
  • Keep a pack of baby wipes in the car. These are great for wiping up spilled drinks and for wiping down a dusty dashboard.

Hope these tips help! Remember your car is your most expensive investment (besides your home). Keeping it clean is important for resale.

*I know I need to add photos to these posts to make them much more interesting. However, I still need to decide whether or not I'm gonna keep up with this whole thing.

No comments: